And now for something a little different. Been working on this for a few weeks now with the design getting more intricate than I originally intended. It ended up being too heavy to keep the shape I originally set out for, but it still keeps a bit of the curve and has some really nice bounce and swish when I move.
The apparatus is made of buckram (which is better hidden when worn by a person, but all I had was a chair for taking the photos), which is attached to a pretty run-of-the-mill hiking belt. The tail itself is made of yarn, carefully secured in key places so as to keep the shape even if I move around a lot, but such that the yarn will react to movement.
In the end, this is only step one of three of a fuller ensemble. Stay tuned.