Well, I decided to try some stylistic adjustment tonight, which means time to draw more Twi! She doesn’t seem to be too impressed that I keep experimenting on her, though.
Anyway, the experimentation was to try to incorporate some of the advice from Sessalisk’s guide into my own technique. What I ended up taking from it was to try doing a non-textured shading job for my contour layer, then darken and add texture on the second pass. This allowed me to make the fur a little more muted, but still keep the furry look. I was playing a little bit with the form of her mane, too, although I’m always doing that, really (I think I might like detailing pony manes just a little too much, hehe).
Anyway, roughly 4 hour job using the 2H-HB-2B trio.