Well, some people might take a look at this and ask “what the heck were you doing?” And that is a good question, because honestly, I don’t know. This is my first time ever using watercolour pencils, so there was a ton of trial and error involved before I could actually produce this rather modest looking Twilight.
I only have 12 pencils, none of them purple, so that made things really interesting. Finding the exact right mixture for the lavender will a pretty big pain. Other blends came a little bit easier, but there were quite a few (everything other than the pink streaks I had to blend for). Finding the right amount of water to use was interesting too. I just tapped the brush off the first time and that still made everything really watery. I had also coloured really light, so that sample basically got eaten. When I finally got all the above down, I started actually working on Twilight. I brush stroked in a way similar to when I pencil shade and that kind of gave her some volume, but there’s definitely some weirdness going on. Looking at it again, I also didn’t get the blue-purple dark enough (although I don’t think it’s possible with my current pencils). Anyway, as a first try, I’m fairly happy with this.