Well, I was at a little bit of a loss for what to draw tonight and decided to maybe do something quick and do a resketch of my ponysona since my skills have improved quite a bit since then. And then I decided to go a bit off model compared to the show. And choose an awkward pose. And then be really picky about it. So yea, that didn’t turn out to be a very short drawing in the end.
Anyway, the pose made the head really easy to do, but everything else more difficult. The legs that were closer to the background gave me quite a bit of trouble since being off by even just a little bit made them look like that were going entirely the wrong way. Then I had to struggle with the wings. The foreground wing wasn’t too bad, only took a few tries, but the background one was incredibly annoying to figure out the angle for. I’m still even sure I’ve got it right (although it seems to be close enough). The tail also posed a bit of issue since the tails don’t translate well to 3D space. I started doing something resembling a shading attempt, although the paper was so beat up from some of the do overs that I didn’t really want to risk experimenting and just left it was the absolutely bare minimum.